Thursday 19 January 2012

Frozen on stage

So I'm currently in the depressing aftermath of a bad gig.

there are 2 reasons why I bombed this gig and I'm fully aware of them. first was that I froze, my first night as a compare at this bar and I stood in the corner of the room, 90% of the room were not there for comedy, most were just there to drink and be loud. I started my set, and just forgot the words, and the fact I became aware of it instantly lead to me trying to distract myself by looking a smudge on the bar. after a good 10 seconds of silence I found my footing and managed to start to salvage it, until I was heckled.

i had a comeback in my pocket just incase someone started talking but this was full out anger. "weird, I don't remember playing the music or brushing my hair but apparently its the f**king muppet show" after this he interjected every 20 seconds or so, sometimes with a grunt, other times with "you're a f**king c**t mate" and yet when ever I started to talk to him he would go silent, really messing with the flow and meaning I had to start from scratch every single time.

i doubt anyone reads this blog and if they do it means they actually do care about my comedy, i've got 2 gigs coming up in the next 2 weeks, and whilst i'm supremly confident off the stage, the anxiety is overwhelming its something i have to work on but i dont know how



hope you have a good weekend

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment